Economic Update Series
The Montana Chamber Foundation, along with the Bureau of Business and Economic Research at the Univeristy of Montana, hosts this annual series to provide brief mid-year updates and economic projections for local, state, and national economies. The series takes place in multiple cities each year. The program lasts approximately one-and-a-half hours.
2020 ECONOMIC UPDATE SERIES
recession or recovery: what’s on the horizon
Across the globe, businesses are faced with uncertainty, creating critical challenges. More than 100,000 American small businesses have already closed their doors permanently. An estimated 7.5 million more are at risk of permanent closure. Retail companies on bankruptcy watch lists are growing daily. Some pan this as the worst economic crisis since the 1930’s depression. The business community is closely watching global markets in a quest for answers; to alleviate some of the uncertainty.
Each year the Montana Chamber Foundation brings you the mid-year economic projections for local, state, and national economies. Join us this year for expert insight into what is on the horizon – recession or recovery.
- Tuesday, July 28 – Billings – 7:00 am – Northern Hotel
- Tuesday, July 28 – Bozeman – 12:00 pm – GranTree
- Tuesday, July 28 – Butte – 4:00 pm – NorthWestern Energy
- Wednesday, July 29 – Helena – 8:00 am – Great Northern
- Wednesday, July 29 – Great Falls – 12:00 pm – Montana Electric Cooperatives Association
- Thursday, July 30 – Missoula – 8:00 am – Holiday Inn Downtown
- Thursday, July 30 – Kalispell – 12:00 pm – Hilton Garden Inn
PRICE: $35/individual if a member of the Montana Chamber of Commerce; $40/individual for non-members.
Thank you to our 2020 Series Sponsors: Boeing, Charter Communications, First Interstate Bank, Glacier Bancorp, Montana State Fund, and NorthWestern Energy.
Interested in this event?