WE'RE HIRING! MEMBERSHIP RELATIONS MANAGER
Send your Application Packets (Resume & Cover Letter) to:
Todd O'Hair Todd@MontanaChamber.com
Position open until filled.
Email You Application Packet
About the Montana Chamber
Business owners need someone in Montana, representing their best interests every day.
Since 1931, the Montana Chamber of Commerce has been that presence. We are a member-driven organization, representing small mom-and-pop operations to local chambers of commerce to large companies, from retail to manufacturing to tourism to agriculture.
We are guided by business leaders, working to improve Montana’s business climate.
We are a not-for-profit, 501(c)(6) organization registered with the IRS and the State of Montana.
As a subsidiary of the Montana Chamber of Commerce, our Montana Manufacturing Association is the statewide association for manufacturers and supporters.
- Based in Helena, Montana, with some travel required.
- Competitive Salary (based on experience)
- Commission and Incentive Structure
- Health Insurance for employee
- Paid Time Off
- Retirement 401(k)
- Continuing Career Development Opportunities
About the Position
The Montana Chamber of Commerce ( MT Chamber ) seeks an energetic, self-motivated and well-organized individual to provide world-class service to the existing members of the Montana Chamber of Commerce and the Montana Manufacturing Association.
This individual will have primary responsibility for communicating with a diverse group of companies and individuals across the State, representing all sectors and industries. Messaging and communications in line with the strategic vision of the MT Chamber will be a team effort, coordinated across all member management activities.
The primary expectation of this position is to play an active role in recruiting, onboarding, and communicating daily with members of the MT Chamber to grow the member base and achieve maximum retention. Further enhancing relationships with existing members and a better understanding of how the MT Chamber can support their business needs are critical to success.
Core Job Functions:
- Implement and execute on established comprehensive membership recruitment and retention strategy, in-line with the Chamber's strategic plan.
- Identify prospective members and develop original approaches to reach them; and research and analyze membership needs.
- Respond to contacts from current and prospective members and track results.
- Meet or exceed sales goals set in conjunction with the President/ CEO.
- Keep current of all the latest membership marketing techniques and employ them as deemed appropriate.
- Produce and maintain membership marketing materials.
- Represent the chamber and association at critical events.
Ancillary Job Functions:
- Regular reporting on membership issues.
- Participate in statewide and national groups.
- At least three years of relevant membership organization, sales, or customer service experience.
- Experience working within a trade association, chamber, or membership organization is a plus.
- Ability to travel within the state regularly and out-of-state several times a year.
- Experience with Applications/Software such as:
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Membership Management Software
- Excellent communication skills (written, digital, and verbal)
- Goal- and results-oriented
- Ability to lift at least 40 pounds
- Todd O’Hair, President and CEO
We welcome you to send your resume and cover letter to:
Todd O’Hair, President and CEO
Email adress: Todd@MontanaChamber.com
The Montana Chamber of Commerce does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring and firing of staff, selection of volunteers and vendors, and provision of services. Weare committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, clients, volunteers, subcontractors, vendors, members, and clients.