The Know the Consequences: No on CI-121 campaign, the largest and most diverse coalition in Montana ballot measure history, is pleased to announce success in preventing Constitutional Initiative 121 (CI-121) from qualifying for the November ballot.
With the support of 16 statewide organizations, including Montana Federation of Public Employees (MFPE) and Montana Association of REALTORS® (REALTORS®) leading the charge on the Executive Committee, the coalition quickly joined forces to sound the alarm of the negative impacts CI-121 would bring to Montana.
“This outcome is the best possible outcome for all Montanans,” said Ron Ostberg, campaign treasurer and local farmer and rancher. “As a small farmer and rancher, CI-121 would have harmed not just my community, but my livelihood. I am proud all our hard work paid off. I’m glad Montanans saw this was not the right way to address these critical issues facing our state.”
MFPE helped lead the effort as one of Know the Consequences: No on CI-121’s strong supporters. “We are proud of the citizens of Montana for recognizing the hidden consequences that CI-121 would have brought to our state,” said Amanda Curtis, President of MFPE.
“The campaign could not have succeeded without the support of our incredibly diverse, and honestly unlikely, steering committee,” said Montana Association of REALTORS® President Bill Leininger. “Organizations from all backgrounds, partisan affiliations, and corners of Montana came together to expose the dangers of this initiative.”
For more information about the campaign or the coalition, please visit knowtheconsequences121.com.
Coalition members include:
- Montana Association of REALTORS®
- Montana Federation of Public Employees
- Montana AFL-CIO
- Montana Association of Counties
- Montana Bankers Association
- Montana Budget & Policy Center
- Montana Chamber of Commerce
- Montana Contractors Association
- Montana Farm Bureau Federation
- Montana Farmers Union
- Montana Infrastructure Coalition
- Montana League of Cities and Towns
- Montana Quality Education Coalition
- Montana Retail Association
- Montana Rural Education Association
- Montana Women Vote