As the state's leading business advocate, the Montana Chamber of Commerce envisions a business climate that is optimal for Montana business prosperity.
To create and sustain an optimal business climate, business prosperity, and a strong Montana economy, the Montana Chamber of Commerce, through advocacy, education, and collaboration, works to provide an empowered and educated workforce, reduce business growth obstacles, and advance positions that promote success for Montana businesses.
Over the next 10 years, the Montana Chamber of Commerce will create the opportunity for business growth and prosperity by improving Montana’s business climate, talent pipeline, infrastructure, and entrepreneurship through regulatory and legal reform, infrastructure investment and workforce development. As a result, the State of Montana will:
- Emerge in the top half in per capita personal income.
- Remain in the top 10 in per capita personal income growth.
- Emerge in the top 10 in GSP growth.
- Emerge in the top 10 in percent of job growth.
Core Objective I: Qualified workforce
- Top 25 ranking in higher degree output and overall educational attainment
- Demonstrate trends in employment categories and identify training gaps
- Top 10 ranking in College Affordability
- Enhance and retain Montana’s talent stream
- Facilitate dialogue between business and education
- Support candidates who advocate for enhancements to Montana’s talent stream
- Oppose legislation that would erode further development of Montana’s talent stream
- Maximize the flexibility and responsiveness of educational institutions to meet needs and demands
- Conduct an annual workforce development study to determine strengths and weaknesses
- Promote public policy solutions designed to underscore strengths and resolve weaknesses
Core Objective II: Improve Business Climate in Montana
- Top 10 ranking in Business Tax Climate Index
- Top 10 ranking in Legal Environment Index
- Top 25 ranking Worker’s Compensation Analysis
- Embrace broad-based tax reform, including simplification and Business Equipment Tax relief
- Reduce workers' compensation costs
- Lead initiatives that result in a safer workplace
- Support a balanced Supreme Court, resulting in a predictable business environment
- Reduce business costs and regulation and improve the legal environment
- Endorse and/or support candidates who advocate for better business climate
- Propose legislation that improves, and oppose legislation that erodes, the business climate
- Reduce extraneous permitting regulations and licensing and support streamlining
- Seek to improve the regulatory environment for business
Core Objective III: Infrastructure Development
- Improve Montana’s grade in the ASCE Infrastructure Report Card from C-
- Support legislation that promotes public investment in basic services
- Coordinate with the Montana Infrastructure Coalition
- Endorse and/or support candidates who are committed to strategic infrastructure development
Core Objective IV: Entrepreneurial development
- Top 10 ranking in the Kaufmann Entrepreneurial Index
- Top 10 ranking in rate of New Business Start-ups
- Support initiatives and legislation that enhances entrepreneurial support
- Eliminate barriers to entrepreneurial growth
Core Objective V: Communication/Investor Relations
- Maintain and publish a dashboard demonstrating progress in relation to key metrics
- Seek ongoing engagement and communication with key stakeholders and investors
Join our growing list of Envision 2026 investors and be part of a proactive plan that addresses our state's economic needs. We extend our gratitude to those forward thinking businesses listed below. To learn how you can help create a Greater Montana, contact Webb Brown at 888-442-MONT (6668) ext. 101 or Webb(at)MontanaChamber(dot)com.
Benefis Health System
Century Gaming Technologies
Cloud Peak Energy
Flathead Electric Cooperative
Glacier Bancorp, Inc.
MDU Resources Group, Inc.
Montana Milling, Inc.
Arrow Solutions Group Inc.
Browning, Kaleczyc, Berry & Hoven
Crowley Fleck PLLP
Hecla Mining Company
Kramer Enterprises, Inc.
Taylor Luther Group
Weave Management Group
We also appreciate the assistance of the following during the fundraising campaign:
Town Pump, Inc. & Affiliates